Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

All About My Photos Q&A

I didn't go out of my way to ask all of you what you want to know, just because I didn't think many people would be interested (if you want to know something then let me know and I'll include it in this post). However, I get asked many questions in regards to my photos; how I edit them, what tools I use to edit them, questions regarding my Instagram photos, etc. So here I am answering them all in one post for once and for all - I'm pretty sure I've answered the question what editing tools I use to create my photos at least 20-30 times.

If there are any other questions relating to my photos or instagram that you want me to answer then please write them in the comments and I'll reply to them. 

What camera do I use?
-
For all my photos I use a Nikon D7100 with a 35mm-105mm lens. Occasionally, if I don't have my camera with me, I will use my iPhone 6 but only if it's the only option, I may steal my Dad's 7 in some cases.

Which editing tools are my go-to?
-
I will always edit the original photographs in Photoshop. I usually only adjust the lighting, contrast and saturation, as well as adding a white border to maintain that brightness through the whole photo. If I am posting to Instagram then I will follow up the editing through VSCO to increase the photo's clarity and to maintain a certain look through each photo I upload which I discuss under another question.

Is Photoshop worth the money?
-
I hear people discuss about how Photoshop is a lot of money but if you use it regularly and make the most out of all it's settings then it really isn't. Each month I pay for Photoshop to be downloaded on my laptop. This package I chose costs me £9.98 each month through Creative Cloud, but it also includes Lightroom, free updates for each software when needed and 20GB of iCloud Storage, that's a reasonable deal in my opinion. I currently don't use Lightroom, I am slowly teaching myself how to use it, but I use Photoshop nearly everyday so I think it is 100% worth it. It's the same with any piece of software or technology you invest in, if you use it often enough and enjoy it then it's worth it. I wouldn't get half of the photos I currently have in a specific quality if I didn't have Photoshop; it is also incredibly flexible, you can create so much from it.
I have been paying for this package for almost 4 years now and I don't see myself cancelling it anytime soon.


Do I plan a theme with my photos?
-
It really depends what you define theme as. I take and post a mixture of photos BUT I edit them all very similarly so my feed looks a little more attractive, this probably also comes down to me being a perfectionist. So I guess the answer is no, I never intended to have a theme throughout my photos as you'll see through my blog photography that it does vary, but I do have a theme in the way I edit the photos.

How do I stick to a theme on Instagram?
-
Honestly I don't really know. I guess editing them all in similarly ways and maintaining that bright effect with strong clarity and contrast allows that theme to be created. It took a lot of trial and error but I finally found a specific way of editing my photos which appealed to me and it has stuck with me and the photos ever since.

What do I use for photo backgrounds?
-
This is something which took me a good while to find suitable objects/subjects that I could use. In the past I've used the typical bed sheet, desk and clothing. Now I use objects such as mirrors (creates that appealing reflection of the subject), a white wooden board, which I found in Ikea in the bargain corner!, plain or textured flooring - we have a few nice rugs in our house which act as perfect backgrounds - and other times I don't really think about the background and usually looks good with a few adjustments in photoshop.


Any other questions you'd like me to answer please put them in the comments :)


Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign