Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Future of this Blog

Isn't a tradition for every blogger to have a massive change to their blog at some point along the road?  I'm really hoping 2018 will be that year I make that big change and properly sort my blog out to the way I have always imagined it. This change may be to the content, a different photo theme, blog layout or template etc. Here are a few goals/things I'd love to do in the first half of this year to my blog - it's about time I make a change I think!



Change of Branding
-
I am quite keen to change my blog name and have a complete revamp. My blog name has changed multiple times and I want the next time to be the final time. I've already started playing around in Canva and Photoshop for header ideas so I have a good idea of what I want and don't want. 

Pipdig Template
-
My number one priority at the moment is changing my template - my current one is with Kotrynabassdesign which is lovely but missing a few key aspects. I have been admiring Pipdig templates for quite a while now and it's been one of my biggest regrets not finding them earlier and buying one of their templates when I started out - I would've saved a to of money that way! Even when I did discover them I wish I just went for it but I'm extremely indecisive and just avoided paying that much for a template. 

Own Domain, Self Hosted?
-
I've already done this change once last year and transferred from Blogger to Wordpress but I really didn't get along with Wordpress so I cancelled my subscription with Siteground, got my money back and went back to Blogger - what a waste of time that was. I realise now how much I regret this decision of going back to Blogger as I didn't really give myself a chance to get used to Wordpress. I hear Wordpress is a lot more flexible compared to Blogger and you have more room to make your blog how you want it to look, I realised this once I changed back to Blogger. Hopefully I can make this change again but permanently next time.

Blog Work Schedule 
-
As I'm wanting to get back into the spin of things this year, a blogging schedule is one of those priorities I need to sort out. As I am not in a job right now I have all the free time in the world so I'm wanting to put a schedule together which I will stick to; this will then motivate me to love blogging again. 

Quality Content
-
This usually comes down to how organised I am in advance. Oh how I'd love to be one of those bloggers who schedules a whole month a few weeks ahead - I wish. Because blogging is unbelievably competitive now, you have to think outside of the box, or do something to your blog to make it stand out, and I think the quality of your content is definitely one of the top things people judge.

Here's to 2018 and a whole lotta blogging!


What changes are you wanting to make to your blog this year?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign