Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Apps I'm Loving Right Now and You Should Be Too!

There are new apps always being discovered, allowing us to use them to boost our blogging game, promote our content and improving our styles. I haven't had any new discoveries lately and some of the apps below are very old - let's be honest who hasn't heard of Instagram? However, I wanted to go into detail as to why I am loving these apps right now and how they're upping their game. Some of these apps I have heard of from other bloggers and don't regret downloading them at all. They are all so helpful and love playing around with the different features. So what apps am I talking about?



Preview.
If you are a perfectionist and have a running theme on your instagram then look no further and download this app right now. You are able to upload as many pictures onto this app and lay them out as you wish so you can see how it will look once uploaded onto your insta feed. I try to keep a certain style throughout all my images but sometimes there will be occasions where you f*ck the system and post something a little different. It can be a little easy to forget to update the app often and delete photos you have already uploaded and insert others in but if you're a organisational angel then you won't have any issues with this.

Instagram.
I think in the past few years we've all had a love hate relationship with Instagram but it's rising up again and becoming a favourite app amongst most. With new instalments such as instagram stories, creating comment pods, live videoing and more, we are adjusting to it and falling back in love with what seems like a whole new app to what it initially was. I must admit I have started using Instagram a lot more for promoting my blog and just updating people with day-to-day life. I still use snapchat a lot more, but I can see Instagram taking over as the most used app on my phone in the near future. I can't wait to see what new features pop up next.

VSCO.
I uploaded a post detailing how I edit my instagram photos using Snapfeed, but now it has all changed. Goodbye Snapfeed, hello VSCO. I downloaded it a few years ago and saw nothing but complication in front of my eyes. This time I properly looked into it, used Pinterest for a few edit ideas and played around a little. The more I experimented, the more I absolutely loved it! It gives a similar layout on your profile as it does on Instagram but it isn't visible to the public, just you. However, it doesn't allow you to move the photos around to adjust your feed layout, which is why you should look into Preview.
I think for a lot of people it seems complicated at first as it is a social media platform in some ways, a little similar to Instagram, but you have to give yourself a chance and be a little adventurous with your editing skills. Don't worry, you'll soon smash it!

Prime.
An app which I have needed since I joined the blogging scene. Prime is an app which analyses instagram and figures out which times are the most active. It does this each day and gives a list of the times, down to the precise minute, of the most popular first. It even gives you notifications to remind you that you should upload at those times. Definitely one for those more forgetful people, like me!

Bloglovin'.
I'm pretty sure you all know about this app and all use it. But I thought I'd mention it as I've come across a few fellow bloggers who haven't ever heard of it and I was shocked. Bloglovin' is a platform which allows you to follow all of your favourite bloggers and stay updated whenever they post a new blog. You can edit the notification settings so you get a notice when someone's new post goes live and read it on the go. This is what I love about Bloglovin' - all the posts are on the app so you don't have to go through your internet bookmarks, or browse through twitter to find your favourite blogging websites - every blog you love is in one place.

And there we go. These are the top few apps which I am using on a daily basis at the moment and I will probably keep it that way for a while as I can't distance myself away from them right now. What baffles me is they don't have an app for blogger yet, or if they do I cannot find it anywhere. Even though I'm not a massive fan of writing posts on a small screen, it would be ideal to have to jot a few notes down if I ever come up with ideas whilst travelling (which happens a lot!)


I'm pretty sure there are a thousand more apps out there which I am yet to discover and you already have so please share any in the comments below and let's all help each other out to boost our blogging game.

Are any of these apps new to you?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign